How to Enrol
- Scanning and emailing as an attachment to email@example.com
- Posting to Institute of Modern Languages, The University of Qld, BRISBANE Q 4072
- Bringing personally to IML Office, Level 1, Joyce Ackroyd Building no. 37, Blair Drive, St Lucia (there are 15 minute loading zones in carpark beside the building)
Enrol and pay online by clicking on the button above.
The completed Enrolment Form can be returned by:
Please note: As popular classes often fill prior to enrolment due date, early enrolment is advised. Late enrolments are accepted if there is a vacancy, but the full fee applies.
Conditions of Enrolment
- Classes fill quickly in order of payment receipt
- Courses run subject to sufficient enrolments being received
- Anyone 16 years and over may enrol
- No qualifications or special knowledge required unless specified
- IML does not provide textbooks (except otherwise stated) and is therefore not liable for the availibility of textbooks or any material required or recommended for a course.
- Confirmation A confirmation email will be sent to you in the week before classes start, after classrooms have been finalised. Please note, if you completed your enrolment online, you will receive an automated confirmation immediately upon successful registration.Classroom details are available a week before course commencement dates at the following link: http://www.iml.uq.edu.au/classrooms.html
- Course Withdrawal Policy If withdrawing before a course starts, students are eligible for a full refund minus a $30 administration fee. This request must be made in writing.
- Refund Policy Please choose carefully. Under Australian Consumer Law, after the course has commenced we do not provide a refund if you have a change in circumstances or make a wrong selection. If IML cancels a course then a full refund will be offered. Fees are not transferable to another student or to the next year.
- Transfer Policy During the first three weeks of the course we will accommodate all transfer requests provided the level is available and there is a vacancy in the class selected. If you enrol in a level which is too easy or too challenging, ask the IML office about moving to a more suitable level. Transfers can only be arranged within the current teaching year.
Enrol in 2 or more courses per person at once or bring a friend to receive a 10% discount. Both friends receive a discount.
UQ staff discount - 5%. At time of enrolment, either show Staff ID at the IML counter or send an email from your UQ email address.
The 'Bring a friend', 'Enrol into 2 courses' and UQ Staff discounts are not available for online enrolments. To claim, enrol personally at IML or email the Enrolment Form and mention the discount you would like to claim.
Last day for Early Bird priceSpring Short Courses - 18 September 2017
Summer Semester - 11 December
Summer High School Program - 11 December
Late enrolments are accepted if there is a vacancy, but the full fee applies.
Year course - one semester enrolment
Students are welcome to enrol in one semester of a Year course. If you are enrolling for Semester 2, you must have covered the Semester 1 content as listed in the Course Outline.